Saturday, November 5, 2016

Week 8 Google Alerts

ESL Yes
http://eslyes.com/

I was so excited coming across this resource this week in my google alerts. This is a website that provides over 1,600 free short stories for English learners. Not only do you have access to the short stories, but the stories are sorted by grade level, have exercises and audio files with them. The activities include vocabulary practice for the stories, a cloze reading practice, crossword, sentence comprehension, and a dictation piece. They also have a direct link to google translate. I do not have any ESL students in my classroom, but I do have low students who could benefit from some of the practice skills that are in the different stories. The speak to text is a little slow sometimes, but the stories are high interests and there are a lot of them. I'm excited to explore this site more.

1 comment:

  1. Bobbi Jean,

    This sounds like a great resource that can be used in the classroom. I like the fact that there are activities to go with each story and that they are leveled by grade level. I think I could use some of these stories and activities for my current learning support students.

    Cassandra Isaac

    ReplyDelete