Thursday, November 10, 2016

Week 9: Google Alerts

The following is a brief list of new resources to use for ESL planning for the classroom.

English Club
https://www.englishclub.com/ref/idiom-of-the-day.php

This website is an awesome collection of resources for both students and teachers. One of the resources is an idiom of the day. Not only is a new idiom given, but there are also multiple choice questions that accompany it. There are also writing and speaking tips, slang of the day, spelling and pronunciation rules, and plans with games for the teacher.

Teaching English
https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/

This resource has plans and materials that are broken into age group categories. The resources seem to be high interest for the grade level it is targeted towards. The resources are in PDF files that can be downloaded easily to use. I looked through the elementary resources for awhile and I love the many different subjects and topics covered from this site.

Busy Teacher
http://busyteacher.org/

This website is a collection of recent research and articles geared to assist ESL teachers. There are also a ton of resources on this site that could be used to teach ESL students. The one thing I found different from other sites is that they have a ton of articles that discuss the trends in the ESL classroom.

5 comments:

  1. Bobbi-Jean,
    I enjoyed your blog this week. What teacher can’t use some new resources! I really like the Busy Teacher site. I think this has some great ideas and lessons for ESL teachers. I agree that reading about trends in the classroom is important so you can get share ideas and read-up on what works in the classroom and what doesn’t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that you posted these useful tools as teachers. I think that it is always beneficial to learn more tools to help our students succeed. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you introduced some new resources. I am running out of searches, and this will definitely help me in the future. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the busyteacher.org site as I browsed around and immediately was drawn to several resources! Thanks for sharing! I will add this to my ever-growing list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the resources you posted this week on your blog. I find that a lot of students struggle with idioms, so I think the idiom of the day is an excellent tool. Literal and non-literal meanings can be extremely difficult for students who are learning English. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete